Job creation is one of my top priorities as your state senator. In just three years I’ve:
- Brought NASCAR to Madison, Illinois. This June we expect 88,000 tourists to come to town, bringing jobs and dollars with them.
- Secured $25 million for Boeing to manufacture state-of-the-art artcraft carriers for the U.S. Navy at MidAmerica Airport in the Metro East.
- Expanded opportunities for apprenticeships at Southwestern Illinois College with funding to build a Workforce Diversity Hub.
- Sponsored the Black Caucus’ Economic Diversity legislation to increase diverse hiring throughout state government and in our public colleges and universities.
- Got funding to build a Criminal Justice Hub at Southwestern Illinois College to train Illinois State Police cadets and offer criminal justice and law classes to the public.
- Brought two pilot programs to the 57th District to build solar farms that with power 500 homes
- Made it quicker and easier for our military families living at Scott Air Force Base to transfer professional licenses–anything from teaching to cosmetology–so they can contribute to our economy here in Illinois.